Header Ads

Most Amazing Portraits from old cassette tapes

A frugal artist has made use of her old cassette tapes and film reels to create portraits of some of the world's most famous faces. Erika Iris Simmons has crafted life-like images of iconic people across the decades from Marilyn Monroe to Bob Marley simply using the old-style tape. She said: 'I like to take random things - like what you would find at a garage sale or in a thrift store - and make them into composite art.

'Most of my pieces become portraits of people associated with the item I’ve chosen. 'I don’t really add any paint or pigments. I usually just take things apart and re-arrange the pieces, cutting away portions when necessary. 'A lot of my art is made with cassette tapes and old film reels in a series I call 'Ghost in the Machine'.'Simmons, who was born in St Louise but grew up in Orlando, studied make-up and worked as a face-painter at Universal Studios before moving on to create physical artworks.















( Source - Dailymail.com)

No comments

Powered by Blogger.